Sunday, April 30, 2006

the most beautiful place i have ever seen

the beauty of a desert playground, a giant sandpit for grown-ups.
the freedom to run down steep slopes, explore, climb, and stand in awe.
the richness of colours changing with the sun - bright blue sky and glittering deep orange sand.
the soft yet strong wind billowing around me, making sand dance in circles.
the pretty yellow flowers growing despite such heat.
the burning in my lungs as i struggle to climb up and up to gaze out at never-ending beauty.
the smooth curves and sharp ridges of gentle dunes.
the contrasting shadows highlighting such beautiful shapes.
the flow of soft warm sand between my toes and over my feet as i wander.
the evidence of my explorations disappearing as my footprints are covered by shifting sands.
the bubbling of joy in me as i cannot believe i am in such an amazing place.
the tracks of ostrich, oryx, geckos and beetles making patterns in the sand.
the lone trees against an orange backdrop.
the endless space containing so much.
and it all extends for miles and miles.

for a few pictures go to www.flickr.com/photos/journeybywaters or use link at side menu (aren't i clever?!)
i will keep trying to add more. throat is loads better thanks

No comments: