Wednesday, April 26, 2006

animal spotting

well i'm just back from a 3 day trip to etosha national park where i had the privilege of enjoying some camping for a couple of nights (i'd forgotten how much i love camping) and also of seeing 6 giraffes, 11 lions, hundreds of zebra and thousands of springbok/impala/oryx.. sadly zero elephants - is this really africa?! no it was lovely, beautiful drives at sunrise and sunset, just miles and miles of landscape that i love. there were only 7 of us on the tour which was nice, easy to get to know some very different people from places i'd never even heard of. photos may follow soon but you'll be lucky if you can see much in them, its pretty funny taking photo after photo and only being able to see a spot in the distance!
so i'm back in windhoek for one night to refresh myself before heading off to the desert tomorrow!! red sand dunes here we come! i am very excited and will tell all on my return.
theres just one thing holding me back a little and that overshadowed my etosha trip a little which is my disgusting mouth infection. sorry to bring it up again but i am a little concerned as this foreign body keeps growing at the back of my mouth, now covering half of my throat opening making it painful to swallow and generally uncomfortable and a bit worrying. i do tend to be a hypochondriac with unfamiliar things so its probably fine, but i could really do with it clearing up extra quickly so as not to ruin the desert for me. i'm on a few different drugs to stop the fungus growing (clearly not working) to ease the soreness (does help a little) and to add good bacteria back into my system. ok so please if you pray add me to the list!
thanks so much, love to you all

No comments: