Tuesday, February 07, 2006

hopefully highlights to come





well i am just loving life at the moment - lots of lovely people seem to be making extra special efforts to be particularly nice to me so i've had a lot of great times. slight snag is thats making it harder and harder to leave! so i thought i would remind myself what i think my highlights are going to be this year.

1. top spot goes to the beautiful nieces. getting to be auntie hannah for a while has got to be good. isabella hasn't even met me yet and abigail is no doubt a changed girl since i saw her back in christmas 04. i hope to build up enough memories with them to last me a few years.
2. namib dunes - the desert. to wander in such beauty, hopefully alone at times, seems like such a treat. hopefully get some sandboarding in too.
3. meeting hannah - daughter of innocence and alessandra in mozambique. hannah was named after me and i have yet to meet her, so theres another treat in store!
4. india with becs - time with the special miss crow has to be good and in such a vibrant, colourful country that i'll be seeing for the first time, well it can't be bad can it?!
5. less distracted life - the chance to live for a year without a busy diary, without money to go shopping all the time, without a mirror everyday, without so many people to see.. its not all good news but it could be the simple life i have often yearned for, to leave me free to keep my eyes open to whats really important, and enjoy a new freedom with my time.

so thats all for now before i get carried away dreaming of all that is to come. but certainly i know there are some good times ahead. countdown has started - i leave in three weeks tomorrow!!

No comments: