Wednesday, March 22, 2006

my journey now and always

the way i am walking
is the way of refreshing calm, constant wonder and much joy
its the way of ongoing thankfulness at the love shown to me and the love known by me
its the way of receiving so much, so many gifts, such generosity and care
its the way of giving - of sharing my life and who i am and what i have
its the way of light that shines on all, even the hidden places
its the way of new and precious delights

as i stumble along this way, sometimes hesitating
i am drawn on by the certain hope of something amazing ahead of which i have already glimpsed the first rays
i choose to put my feet forward along this way of love only because of the great love already shown to me that tenderly leads me on
i long to discover God's secret which I know to be within this world
so I go on in the hope of discovery

this is a way walked in quietness and solitude listening to the voice of love
realising more and more that i understand less and less
longing to know the truth that has not yet been made fully true
i am often lonely yet i am never alone

this way i choose is the way of life
there is always water to quench my thirst
as i walk i am revived and restored to my depths
a lot is asked of me on this way yet i receive so much more
on this journey i discover i am beautiful and it is a beauty to be shared

(inspired by and some phrases quoted from "Show me the Way" Lenten readings by Henri Nouwen)

3 comments:

Shaun Perryman said...

A beautiful and inspiring piece of writing, thank you

Anonymous said...

becky read this to me the other day and i was busy multitasking at the time... i didn’t give it my full attention. i have just been back to read it again and it was like taking a breath of fresh air. It is amazing to read about your journey by waters hannah. your writings are captivating... so much so that i have been back to read every entry since you started your blog and i look forward to many more.

Anonymous said...

Vogon poetry...